Log-in and Payment Problems
- I have logged in, but when I try to check out the same page just keeps reloading. What's wrong? Make sure that all of the required fields are completed on the checkout form. Even if the form is already filled in, one or two fields may not contain data. A common error is forgetting to check the box at the bottom, "I have read the terms and conditions...." Also, if the page reloads with an error, it sometimes makes the "State" blank, even if it was filled in before. We have not been able to find the cause of this error. Make sure that the State field is correct, along with all of the other required fields.
- I have forgotten my user name or password. What can I do? Use the "Request new password" option on the Log-in form. Enter your e-mail address (the one where you receive mailings from Suburban Ski Club), and complete the Captcha field. You will receive an e-mail shortly with your user name and a link that will take you to a page on the web site where you can enter a new password. If you were already a member when this site was put on-line, your user name is your first initial followed by your last name (no spaces; case does not matter), unless you have changed it. If you first joined Suburban Ski Club by registering on our site, your user name is the portion of your e-mail address before the @.
- I followed the link in an e-mail for a new password, but the link still takes me to a page that requires the old password before I can make a change. Make sure the site does not already show that you are logged in. Look for the words "Log out" on the upper right, just below the green and blue banner. We are not sure why this happens, but it seems that it might occur if you have followed an expired password-reset link from an old e-mail. Click "Log out," then click the link to request a new password.
- Why am I (or someone else) listed several times for an event on the Who's Going Where page? This can happen for several reasons. Before you select a filter for a specific event, all people who have ordered anything will appear in the list. Even if you have only registered for one trip, the selection you had to make for Membership Verification before adding the trip to the cart registers as a separate product, even if you selected "Already a member" at no extra charge. It is just the way our reservation system works. That item will also disappear after you apply the filter for one event. Finally, if you made a reservation under your name for several people, your name will appear instead of the person you reserved for.
- But I don't want the whole world to see where I am going! The Who's Going Where page is only visible to current members of Suburban Ski Club who are logged in to the site. If you still do not want to appear on the list, you can check an option, "Exclude me from the Who's Going Where? page" on your user profile page. Contact us if you need help.
- I don't remember if I have renewed my membership this year. How can I tell? When you log in to your account, the first thing you will see is your profile page. You should see a heading labeled "Expiring roles." Under that will be the text, "Current SSC Member," with an expiration date, typically November 15 or 16, 2017. If you do not see that, or your expiration date is 2016, your membership probably is not current. If in doubt, contact us at email@example.com.
- Why do I need a user account? Your user account simplifies reserving for trips and other paid events. The system retains your membership information so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you make a reservation. You can update this information yourself if needed. The user account also allows us to make some content on our site available only to members. Our record system requires each member to have a user account associated with a unique e-mail address.
- What if I share an e-mail address with my spouse? We cannot create two separate user accounts with the same e-mail address. There are ways to work around that with a free alternate address. Contact us for assistance.
- How do I log in to my account? A login form is above the Main menu on each page. You can also find it at www.suburbanskiclub.org/user. If you can't find the login form, you might already be logged in. (Look for "My account" and "Log out" in the upper right corner of the page.) Many browsers will keep you logged in to our site even if you leave the site and come back later.
- I have forgotten my username/password. On the login page, click the tab to request a new password. You can give either your username or e-mail address. Instructions will be sent to the e-mail address associated with your account.
- I never activated my account, and I have lost the e-mail with the instructions. Follow the directions for a forgotten password. If all else fails, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to have the account reset.
- I followed the link in the e-mail to activate my account, and it says it has expired. Most people find that they can still activate their accounts by clicking the Login button. However, we recommend following the directions for the previous question instead.
- How do I update my address, phone number, and other information? Log in to your account, and click "My account" on the upper right under the banner. If your address, phone number, or emergency contact information has changed, select the "Address book" tab. You should see only one address, labeled the Default billing address. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Edit address." Make any changes on the form, and click "Save address" at the bottom.
If you wish to change your user name or email address, select the "Edit" tab. On this page you can also upload a picture that will appear in the directory and any posts you put on the forum. You can enable or disable your personal contact form, which allows people to send you emails from the directory without revealing your email address. If you wish not to be listed in the online membership directory, or in the Who's Going Where listings, you can select the checkboxes for those near the bottom of the page. Be sure to save your changes when you are finished. Contact us if you need any help.
- Is my information secure? We use a secure server for our entire site, which encrypts your login information and any other data on the site. We recommend using a strong password that is different from passwords used on other accounts. If using a public computer, be sure to log out when you are finished, and verify that the browser is not set to retain your password. Ask an attendant for assistance if necessary.
- How secure is my payment information? When you pay for your reservation using PayPal, you are transferred to PayPal's web site. All financial information bypasses our site and goes directly to PayPal's secure server. Our site does not collect or retain any credit card or other financial data.
- Do I need a PayPal account to pay online? PayPal accepts all major credit cards. You do not need a PayPal account to pay with a credit card. A PayPal account gives you other payment options, such as making a payment directly from your bank account. You might prefer this method if you want to pay immediately without adding to your credit card balance.
- My PayPal payment is not processed right away. Why? Remember that we hold reservations in the order we receive payment. If you make a payment from your bank account instead of a credit card, PayPal may delay the payment to allow time to verify that sufficient funds are available in the account. You can prevent this delay by linking a credit card to your PayPal account in addition to your bank account. Your credit card is not charged as long as the bank account has sufficient funds. See PayPal's instructions for linking to a credit card.